Paper production in Italy is an “energy intensive” sector having consumption in the region of 2.4 billion cubic metres of Natural Gas and approximately 7 billion kWh of Electric Energy (according to data from 2012 supplied by Assocarta and Enea Paper Guide 2014).
Energy efficiency in the paper sector represents one of the main assets to enforce competitiveness thanks to potentially cutting energy costs estimated at around 35% of overall costs.
Among possible interventions, are:
- continuous machine revamping
- steam consumption reduction during paper drying phases through pressing system efficiency
- thermal recovery aimed at heating water to prepare mixtures and steam productions
- optimising the steam-condensate system
- installation of inverters on motors
- installation of cogeneration systems.
Click Contact Us to discover how to reduce your energy use.
- CHIMICHE E PETROLCHIMICHE